70-431

• My exam center just notified me that the 70-431 exam is available. Since none of the books for the exam have been published yet (according to MS learning) does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare for the exam?

I've written the SQL 2000 admin and developer exams and have worked quite a bit with SQL 2005 pre-release.

Has anyone taken it? Any comments on it? (not looking for anyone to violate NDA please)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hello Folks,

I'm interested to know if someone has cracked it and how did the exam look like. Can a sql 2000 stud come thru this exam ? Thanks for any comments 🙂

Rgds, Arul.

Get busy living ....or get busy dying....

• I haven't taken it yet, but as with most SQL exams, the outline on the Preparation site (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-431.asp) coupled with BOL is probably your best bet.

• I took and passed the beta.  All I did was go through the E-Learning courses.  However I did play with the pre-release.  I think that if you have had experience on 2000 and minimal experience on 2005 you should be ok.  However you can always take the E-Learning from Microsoft as well.

Todd

• Thanks Todd. I noticed the E-Learning. How long does it take? I was considering taking it during lunch breaks next week.

I've got a lot of experience with 2000, and have been playing with 2005 since Beta 2

I have a feeling the boss is going to nominate me as the first to write the new exam. Just not sure how soon. Probably before end march

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply