6.5 to 2000 Replication

• Hi,

The company I am at already had an existing replication setup in place between a 6.5 server and a 2000 server. This works fine.

Issue 1 - I am trying to get it to work between a different 6.5 server and another 2000 server. Trouble is I am getting Trust issues and errors. I can kind of get around them but other errors occur. I think this is because I had to remove TCP/IP from the Server Network Config to get NT Authentication to work. Then I used a fix but this went wrong because someone has installed the latest MDAC on this server.

I have left this problem where it is and....

Issue 2 - I am trying to get 6.5 to 2000 replication to work on another properly setup server. It is all in place but the sync task fails with error "Failed on Bulk copying from article PropTest". The mslast_job_info table on the 2K box is showing null and 0 and the ms_jobcommands on the 6.5 box is empty too! Log eader and Dist tasks are running fine.

Has anyone got any idea why this latest error would be? And if I need to do anything special when adding SQL 2000 servers into 6.5 for replication?

Thanks a lot!

• Well I got Issue 2 to work (started from scratch).

Issue 1 though - Doh! Looks like we will be BCP'ing as we are not in a position to reinstall the server to get over the issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply