3rd party db compare and synch tools

• Can anyone recommended a good one?

www.sql-library.com[/url]

• I have only used one third party tool -- RedGate SQL Compare and RedGate SQL Data Compare.  http://www.red-gate.com  These tools have done everything I have needed them to do and they are very straight forward and easy to use.

Good luck!

• We use Embarcadero Change Manager with good success.  I was pretty impressed with dbghost too.

/*****************

If most people are not willing to see the difficulty, this is mainly because, consciously or unconsciously, they assume that it will be they who will settle these questions for the others, and because they are convinced of their own capacity to do this. -Friedrich August von Hayek

*****************/

• I have used SqlDIFF by AdeptSql for a few years now.  I have used all of the other tools mentioned so far, and like SqlDiff in terms of feature set per dollar.  If money is no issue, then by all means go for embarcadero.

Your mileage may vary

Advice is worth what you pay for it

Good luck

Wayne

• I use SQLDBCompare from BestSoftTool and I like it a lot. 

• xSQL Software has two products sold separately or as a bundle: A database object compare tool (xSQL Object), and a data compare tool (xSQL Data Compare).  Both work very well.  With the Object Compare software, the user is given a list of objects, and an indicator as to whether they are equal or not.  The list includes the source code with the differences highlighted.  The user can select which objects to script to make one database like the other, then generate the script.

These are great products, and are reasonably priced.

• Thanks for your help.

Have spent some time looking at red gate and it looks like it does the job nicely so going with that one.

Jules

www.sql-library.com[/url]

• Jules,

How did you fare in your search? I saw dcpeterson mention Embarcadero with a bunch of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I wonder if he is referring to their low price? You mentioned you chose RedGate. Did you make a purchase and if so how was the pricing? They portray having a simple solution but it seems that you have to work through layers of different choices to get specific functioanlity. Hope it worked out for you. Thanks.

Curtis

• I have used the Redgate and Embaradero tools - the functionality was similar but I was very impressed with the speed of the Redgate tool - it ran a compare on our databases in about a minute - the other tool took 30 minutes.........

Good luck,

Harley

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply