2k8 Licensing

• Hey guys, found this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/pricing.aspx

as well as dug around the net a while. Help me out here... these prices, are they a permanent license or is that a per year cost?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Interesting, I never thought of this. I thought it is per year.

M&M

• Mohammed, so did I, but some of the background stuff I read regarding server licensing and CALs made me question it... was hoping someone had chatted up Microsoft recently and could confirm.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

• Craig,

I checked with one ex Microsoft employee. He says the product license is permanent but the product support would be renewed on yearly basis.

M&M

• mohammed moinudheen (1/27/2011)

Craig,

I checked with one ex Microsoft employee. He says the product license is permanent but the product support would be renewed on yearly basis.

Ah, hm, okay. So, the license itself is good permanently but the Software Assurance part is the thing you pay for annually. Good to know. Thanks for looking into that for me, Mohammed.

- Craig Farrell

• Sure Craig, I got to know something 🙂

M&M

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply