2019 SSIS PackageFormatVersion?

• Would someone please look in a 2019 SSIS package for the value of PackageFormatVersion? This value has been 8 since SQL Server 2014. This matters because knowing it could help in decisions to upgrade.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Hey George,

The PackageFormatVersion is still 8 with a TargetServerVersion of SQL Server 2019. It was previously 6 with SQL Server 2012, but has not changed since.

With the newest Integration Services Version 3.3 installation, something else from the notes peaked my interest:

SQL Server Native Client (SQLNCLI11.1) is deprecated and not installed by VS2019. We recommend upgrading to the new Microsoft OLE DB driver for SQL Server. If you want to continue using SQL Server Native Client, you can download and install it from here.

This may also be an important factor to consider with upgrading.

• PackageFormatVersion is still 8, thank you very kindly. I agree that deprecation of the native client is interesting. For production applications, I recommend of course complying with the recommended upgrade. Where this can be an issue is distributing client software. For some applications, it may make sense to continue to use the native client, considering that it may already be installed on user workstations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply