2017 SSIS PackageFormatVersion?

• Would someone please look in a 2017 SSIS package and post the PackageFormatVersion value? I expect that it is 9 but I want to confirm. It is certainly missing from the doco.

• GeorgeCopeland - Friday, January 25, 2019 2:32 PM

Would someone please look in a 2017 SSIS package and post the PackageFormatVersion value? I expect that it is 9 but I want to confirm. It is certainly missing from the doco.

I cannot see this property:

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• in the project file 
    <DtsPackage FormatVersion="8">
    in the package itself
    DTS:LastModifiedProductVersion="15.0.0900.40"
      DTS:Name="PackageFormatVersion">8</DTS:Property>

this is with
    Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 Version 15.9.6
    SQL Server Data Tools 15.1.61901.03220

• Phil Parkin - Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:06 PM

GeorgeCopeland - Friday, January 25, 2019 2:32 PM

Would someone please look in a 2017 SSIS package and post the PackageFormatVersion value? I expect that it is 9 but I want to confirm. It is certainly missing from the doco.

I cannot see this property:

Hi Phil, an SSIS package is an XML file. Package properties can be read by opening in a text editor.

• frederico_fonseca - Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:17 AM

in the project file 
    <DtsPackage FormatVersion="8">
    in the package itself
    DTS:LastModifiedProductVersion="15.0.0900.40"
      DTS:Name="PackageFormatVersion">8</DTS:Property>

this is with
    Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 Version 15.9.6
    SQL Server Data Tools 15.1.61901.03220

Hi Fredrico, thank you very kindly. PackageFormatVersion was 8 for SQL 2014, 2016 and now 2017.

• GeorgeCopeland - Sunday, January 27, 2019 4:38 PM

Hi Phil, an SSIS package is an XML file. Package properties can be read by opening in a text editor.

Well, thanks a lot for the patronising reply.
    Next time someone asks you to "look in a 2017 SSIS package", I assume that instead of firing up SSDT, you'll open it with an XML editor.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi Phil, that reply was only patronizing in your own mind. I advise you not to take things so personally. Have a great day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply