2014 Package does not pull in fields when Temp table is used. I do have a contract though

• I was told our lease was up a couple weeks ago and I have to migrate about 30 packages. Right off the bat I am running into the error that it can't retrieve column information. Make sure your target table in the database is available.

In 2008 all I had to do was make sure the proc had a contract prior to the Create Table #Patient

Example

If 1=2

CAST(NULL AS VARCHAR(30)) AS ImportID,

CAST(NULL AS VARCHAR(200)) AS FirstName,

CAST(NULL AS VARCHAR(200)) AS LastName

END

CREATE TABLE #Patient...

Any ideas on a work around?

Thanks,

Phil

• Have a look here.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I have an SSIS Package that runs from a job scheduled on SQL Server 2008 R2 and I need to move that job to SQL Server 2014.

In the package's data flow task the ole source calls a stored procedure that runs against a SQL Server 2012 database. The procedure loads a temp table before doing its final select.

When I upgraded the package in SSDT it reported the errors "can't retrieve column information. Make sure your target table in the database is available". And another the other error it reported was "The metadata could not be determined because statement INSERT into #Patient ...uses a temp table."

When I first ran into this problem our reporting database was on SQL Server 2008R2 and I had to put the fake contract code in the top of the Proc which always worked. I am not sure why it does not now.

• Did you check the link which I provided in my previous post?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (2/26/2015)

Did you check the link which I provided in my previous post?

The link to "Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question"

Yes.

And then I gave more detail on what version my servers are, what tools I am using, the exact error being reported from SSDT.

Did I misread the FAQ? Maybe it looks like I am asking multiple questions.

I guess if I had to put it in one sentence, I would ask.

How do I get my 2012 version OLE Source component to read metadata from a procedure that uses temp tables?

• Not that link. The one on the word 'here'.

• That works, thanks.

• Could you please provide me the link. I have same issue.

Thanks

• It's right there in my first post on this thread.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply