2012 RC0 Failure

• OK, sorry for posting under 2008, not sure if there is a 2012 section.

after installing a fresh copy of 2012 RC0 ( tried on a few machines) the mssqlresource database fails install due to a so-called IO inconsistency on the disk. Well, tried different disks, same issue, every time, the same error.

eventually while in Single User mode, with a db engine query, tried to DBCC CHECKDB, but error:

Msg 824, Level 24, State 2, Procedure databases, Line 2

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect pageid (expected 1:3021; actual 249:2228225). It occurred during a read of page (1:3021) in database ID 32767 at offset 0x0000000179a000 in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.TWELVE\MSSQL\Binn\mssqlsystemresource.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

Anyone seen this?

Installing CTP3 works 100%, only RC0 gives me this issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Just curious if you burned the download to a regular DVD. The .iso is too large to fit on a standard DVD and if you didn't notice it, this could be your problem. I've installed 2012 RC0 numerous times without issue.

• I've asked that a 2012 forum be created.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• There is a 2012 forum. It's the SQL Server 11 forum.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Not sure about the issue. I've installed RC0 a couple of times with no problem. I didn't burn to a CD though. I used Virtual Clone Drive to mount the ISO.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Just curious if you burned the download to a regular DVD. The .iso is too large to fit on a standard DVD and if you didn't notice it, this could be your problem. I've installed 2012 RC0 numerous times without issue.

Yes, tried that as well.

Weirdest this is, after the install "succeeds", none of the NT domain accounts I added as admins during install can log in, only way in is single user, but nothing further from there.

tried installing DB Engine only as well, same issue. As I said, this issue occurs on more than 1 laptop, more than 1 server, physical, virtual, 64 & 32 bit.

no idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• What does the install log say?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Failure to register a SPN might cause integrated authentication to use NTLM instead of Kerberos. This is an informational message. Further action is only required if Kerberos authentication is required by authentication policies and if the SPN has not been manually registered.

AND

2012-01-12 15:49:00.64 spid51 Error: 824, Severity: 24, State: 2.

2012-01-12 15:49:00.64 spid51 SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect pageid (expected 1:3021; actual 249:2228225). It occurred during a read of page (1:3021) in database ID 32767 at offset 0x0000000179a000 in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.TWELVE\MSSQL\Binn\mssqlsystemresource.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

• This is what stands out to me.

Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately.

Have you checked the other logs to see what they say?

I'd say the consistency errors would be why you can't get 2012 RC0 installed. Are you having hardware problems?

You might have to wipe everything and start from scratch.

• Nope, no hardware issues.

Tried wipe and reinstall, same issues. Only additional info in install log are exactly the same consistency errors as in errorlog.

• Could it be a bad install file?

Try downloading it again and see if that helps.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• Could it be corruption in the install media itself?

• I'd also suggest redownloading the ISO and trying Grants process of extracting the install via an ISO reader directly to the hardware where you're trying to install to.

• I'd also suggest redownloading the ISO and trying Grants process of extracting the install via an ISO reader directly to the hardware where you're trying to install to.

2 sets of media downloaded, no difference, extracted to disk; direct from mounted ISO, burnt to dvd, same issues.

• Hmm not good! Maybe wait for SQL 2015? :hehe:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply