2008 SSRS and an inactive 2008 R2 SQL Server

• Hello all,

After a failed SQL Server 2008 to 2008 R2 upgrade, I've found that the SSRS website now only shows text, which I've come to learn is the Web Service URL view. ( All the reports are there, and we can navigate around with no issues but it's text only instead of the normal GUI)

I checked the configuration manager for SSRS & there is no URL listed for the Report Manager URL section.

I've also come to find that while the databases and the SQL Server instance still show as being 2008, I have some inactive SQL Server Instances:

MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER - Database Engine

MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER - SQL Sever Replication

MSAS10_50.MSSQLSERVER - Analysis Services

MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER - Reporting Services

Could the inactive reporting services cause the issue I'm having with the SSRS website? I tried manually configuring the URL for the Report Manager but it still shows up as text only and not the GUI version the users have come to learn and love.

Any and all ideas would be welcome.

Thank you!

• You may want to start by uninstalling 2008 R2.

• Thank you so much for your reply.

I actually didn't need to uninstall the inactive SQL Server 2008 R2 instance. It turns out that during the failed upgrade the web server and the report manager, in Reporting Server Configuration Manager, got pointed to the same virtual directory. I updated the web server to point to the default and this resolved the problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply