2008 developer edition license - backwards compatible?

• Just a quick one - We have 10 SQL 2008 Developer Edition licenses for our 10 SQL devs to work on our x amount of DEV and Test SQL 2008 servers.

We now have a requirement to set up a test environment for an older 2005 production server.

Does anyone know if a 2008 developer edition license is backwards compatible for 2005 developer edition? If so, where can I download? (license manager is taking a while to speak to our vendor and this is quite urgent)

Thanks!

:hehe:

• Shark Energy (11/2/2011)

Just a quick one - We have 10 SQL 2008 Developer Edition licenses for our 10 SQL devs to work on our x amount of DEV and Test SQL 2008 servers.

We now have a requirement to set up a test environment for an older 2005 production server.

Does anyone know if a 2008 developer edition license is backwards compatible for 2005 developer edition? If so, where can I download? (license manager is taking a while to speak to our vendor and this is quite urgent)

Thanks!

:hehe:

Last I checked with Microsoft, the license is backward compatible. However, I don't think you can simply download the version...

Jared

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• We need to get the vendor to add it onto our Microsoft licensing site?

• Probably, but if you have MSDN you can probably just go there and download it.

CEWII

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply