2008 database to 2005. Will Redgate's SQL Comparison handle that?

• I have a strong need to move several SQL Server 2008 databases to SQL Server 2005. I saw a post saying that Redgate's SQL Comparison SDK will do that. Has anyone had this experience?

I will of course be asking Redgate.

Thanks,

Tom Garth
    Vertical Solutions[/url]

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
  • As long as there are no 2008 features in the database - then you should be able to do this. You would first use SQL Compare to build the schema on your 2005 instance, then you can use SQL Data Compare to move the data.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Jeffrey Williams-493691 (3/15/2010)

As long as there are no 2008 features in the database - then you should be able to do this. You would first use SQL Compare to build the schema on your 2005 instance, then you can use SQL Data Compare to move the data.

Jeffrey,

Thanks for the reply. It appears that this tool is going to work okay.

Regards,

Tom Garth
    Vertical Solutions[/url]

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply