180-day trial SQL Server 08 Enterprise expired

• I purchased the self paced training kit for exam 70-432 (with the intention of following up with 70-443 & 70-448) and have been using the 180-day trial of SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition that comes with it. It's expired now and my question is if I purchase the other two training kits will I be able to uninstall the expired version and install fresh from the new discs that come with the new book(s) and be up and running for another 180 days?

If not what are my other options? Besides, upgrading to developer edition for $50, which is what I may end up doing to finish studying for the exams.

Thanks in advance.

• I have a VM on amazon cloud and I just save my file/scripts and fire up a new vm and install the 180 eval.

Been doing this for some time now as my test lab

• i think that developer edition is much more interesting! in the end, the content is same that Enterprise Edition!

the post below, the procedure for change edition of your version:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1116264.aspx

[font="Times New Roman"]rfr.ferrari[/font]
    DBA - SQL Server 2008
    MCITP | MCTS

remember is live or suffer twice!
    the period you fastest growing is the most difficult period of your life!
  • JWIDM76 (6/3/2011)

... will I be able to uninstall the expired version and install fresh from the new discs that come with the new book(s) and be up and running for another 180 days?...

Yes. You can uninstall and reinstall 180 day trial edition.

Insalling and uninstalling is part of learning.

Also practice installing default/named, multiple instances, etc.

• Suresh B. (6/3/2011)

JWIDM76 (6/3/2011)

... will I be able to uninstall the expired version and install fresh from the new discs that come with the new book(s) and be up and running for another 180 days?...

Yes. You can uninstall and reinstall 180 day trial edition.

Insalling and uninstalling is part of learning.

Also practice installing default/named, multiple instances, etc.

Thank you. I certainly don't mind the practice. I just wasn't sure if it's possible, I imagined even after uninstall something would linger in the registry. I'll give it a try.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply