1418 Error...on the third database being set up for mirroring

• I have a set of servers with witness, databases (3) have been mirrored until this afternoon when one broke. Had to drop the database from mirroring and set up again. Backed up and restored with norecovery, communications, usernames, permissions and certificates are all the same as the other two databases that are still mirrored and working fine. Get to the last set of steps and am getting 1418 error, network address can not be found (BS). Since I know the servers are communicating, and the accounts have the proper permissions, and the database in norecovery, none of the items being found to check are appropriate for this install.

Yes I can ping, I can see netstat monitoring the port, endpoints are working, security is set properly. As I said, two other database with the exact same setup (different certs etc) are working fine. This one will not configure.

Ideas please

Raymond Laubert
    Exceptional DBA of 2009 Finalist
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP:SQL 2005 Admin,
    MCSE, OCP:10g

• Also, no messages at all in the event logs for SQL or Windows related to Failed Mirror setup.

Raymond Laubert

• Nevermind...

I connected directly to the server via rdp and it all worked fine. Not sure why, but will chalk another one up to experience.

Raymond Laubert

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply