• I was unaware that there were different versions of RS, a co-workers of mine downloaded the version for me (turns out to be the Developer Edition).  Here's the EULA displayed when I installed RS.

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, Developer Edition

1.   General. 

The accompanying Microsoft software includes computer sftware and may include associated media, printed materials, "online" or electronic documentation, and Internet-based services associated with a Microsoft software product (collectively, the "UPDATE SOFTWARE").  The UPDATE SOFTWARE is a component of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition ("the SOFTWARE"); the UPDATE SOFTWARE updates, supplements, or replaces existing functionality of the SOFTWARE.  Your use of the UPDATE SOFTWARE is subject to the terms and conditions of the end user license agreement (either from Microsoft or some other entity) under which you have licensed the SOFTWARE (the "Software EULA") and this Supplemental EULA. 

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALIDLY LICENSED COPY OF THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO INSTALL, COPY OR OTHERWISE USE THE UPDATE SOFTWARE AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THIS SUPPLEMENTAL EULA.

By reading this, it seems that you will need to install the Standard edition of RS.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jarret