Publish Database Fails – Script File could not be found

,

A small blog post for anyone who stumbles across this issue (and for my future self, should I forget the solution).

I was working on some tables in SSDT and I tried to publish changes to the database on my local machine. I got a build error because I created a clustered index on the wrong table (which resulted in two clustered indexes on said table). So I fixed the bug and tried to publish. However, even though the build succeeded, I got the following error message:

The script file could not be found.

Well, that’s a first. Rebuilding didn’t work. Re-publishing neither. Eventually, I unloaded the project and removed the .dbmdl file (which seems to be a serialized file of the database model for optimizing deployment performance, as hinted here on Stack Overflow).

Reloading the project into the solution without this file present apparently forces a re-analysis of the project (there used to be a button to reanalyze in previous versions, but I couldn’t find it). Now I could publish the project again.

 

The post Publish Database Fails - Script File could not be found first appeared on Under the kover of business intelligence.

Original post (opens in new tab)
View comments in original post (opens in new tab)

Rate

Share

Share

Rate