I am saddened to report that I will not be able to attend SQLBits in person this year as originally planned. I was involved in a terrible car accident on 9-February, that has left me (hopefully) temporarily immobile and unable to travel for 3-6 months. I am on the road to recovery, but it will be a very long road.
This makes me sad for so many reasons. I will miss:
- All the hugs from my #SQLFamily
- All those smiling faces of delegates
- The excitement that comes with travel
- The anticipation of presenting live and in-person
- Pub Quiz night
- Fancy dress party night
- Catching up with all my #SQLFamily
- Impromptu conversations over hot chocolate or beers
- Meeting new people
- Austrian Chocolates
- Australian Chocolates
- Hanging out in the Community Corner
- My fellow Bits Buddies
- Did I mention Stroopwaffles?
- And so many more
The most excellent organizers of SQLBits have been amazing and have accommodated my request to present remotely on very short notice, so I will still get to present my session, it will just be from my bed, instead of in-person. While I will miss the (famous) Fancy Dress party, I will be wearing my costume during my session, but you have to attend my session to see it (not even going to give any hints as to what it is!) There may even be a prize for who guesses correctly.
My session is Identifying and Preventing Unauthorized Power BI Gateways. It’s a 20-minute session, check the agenda for the most accurate date and time.