SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Just for fun

Just for fun

Author
deepforest
Old Hand
Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Just for fun
Bob Razumich
Bob Razumich
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)

It should be noted that no matter what value is passed into the procedure, you will always get 10 "words" (language to be determined) from this procedure.

select @i=0
while @i<10
set @i=@i+1

Still, it's fun to mash my F5 to keep executing this and seeing if it gets close to any words, phrases or names that I recognize.
deepforest
deepforest
Old Hand
Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)Old Hand (366 reputation)

sorry, forgot to change it to a parameter...
Bob Razumich
Bob Razumich
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)Right there with Babe (788 reputation)

No problem and no offense meant. As noted, it's an entertaining little item and it was nice to look for the "Gotcha" in the script.
deepforest
deepforest
Old Hand

none taken, thanks
Peter Petrov
Peter Petrov
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

The next step is to peek up a word (more than three or four letters of course) and Google it:-D
I tried with this one - Kimatos w00t

deepforest
deepforest
Old Hand

Great idea...
Kimatos, hmm...why do I feel like I don't want to do that...
Charles Kincaid
Charles Kincaid
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)

Hey. With the Maine Coon reference in there you get some great pictures of tail.w00t That'll get your Labor Day week end started. ;-)

ATBCharles Kincaid
deepforest
deepforest
Old Hand

my favorite so far are: Fukeh, brothers Isefedamot and Ygogigenot, definetely the Toxo dude.
gary.rumble
gary.rumble
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

I created a C# application several years ago that scraped a famous quotes site. It then displayed a randomly selected, randomly ordered, random length list of words (without regard to parts of speech). When run through babelfish en->fr->de->es->en it was surprising how profound the results were occasionally. Sort of the room full of monkeys concept.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.