Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail Not working with SQL JOB

msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail Not working with SQL JOB

Author
prakashdotc
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,

i have a SP, which will do some update operations and send mail to respective users

to send mail i'm using msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail

when i execute this SP Query Analyzer it works fine and sends mail,

but when i incorporate this SP in SQL Agent as a nightly build process it's not working and doesn't sends mail

but executes successfully.

What's the issue

thanks in advance

Prakash.C
prakashdotc
prakashdotc
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)

Hi all,

no one has encountered such a problem yet....?
NickDBA
NickDBA
Old Hand
Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)

Can you fire the Job in day time and run a trace at the same time to see what's happening?
crazy4sql
crazy4sql
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (931 reputation)SSC Eights! (931 reputation)SSC Eights! (931 reputation)SSC Eights! (931 reputation)SSC Eights! (931 reputation)SSC Eights! (931 reputation)SSC Eights! (931 reputation)SSC Eights! (931 reputation)

have you configured the correct operator in notification tab of sql job?

----------
Ashish
Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)

prakashdotc (9/2/2010)
when i incorporate this SP in SQL Agent as a nightly build process it's not working and doesn't sends mail
Are you using the correct profile/account name ? i am sure not

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)
Kerry Bossingham
Kerry Bossingham
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

My DBMail stopped working on 2 production servers after I upgraded to SQL 2012 SP1. It doesn't work from the query window or from an SQL job. It does work on the 2 corresponding test servers!? Same service pack was applied to all 4. Any ideas?
RonKyle
RonKyle
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

This won't be helpful per se, but recently I have an extremely difficult time trying to get the dbmail to work. I'd followed all of the steps, and had no issues on all but one server, unfortunately a production one. I looked through all the posts, and tried an uncounted number of things. One evening, it simply started working. One day I expect it will stop working, and I will have no idea why. Just maddening!

Good luck.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.