SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Server System Report

SQL Server System Report

Author
george25
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
No I don't. Does this mean it's not the latest version?
george25
george25
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)

I've made a bit of a hash of this I'm afraid. Firstly I ran the latest script ok but had problems getting my scheduled job to work .......... so I deleted the old sp and the new one and tried running the new script again but when I do I get the error shown below. Please help.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 49
Incorrect syntax near 'Calculation'.
Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Line 67
'CREATE/ALTER PROCEDURE' must be the first statement in a query batch.
Sean Smith (SSC)
Sean Smith (SSC)
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

Okay, copy the script in full from this site and run it in the appropriate database (don't do anything past that point). Let me know if it at least creates the proc properly.
george25
george25
SSC-Enthusiastic

Thanks that works however, I'm still not getting the report via email when I run my SQL job. Database mail is working. Is the only line I need to change SET @vRecipients? Thanks for your patience.
george25
george25
SSC-Enthusiastic

Doh! Hadn't set the output mode to E. It all works fine now. Thanks again
Sean Smith (SSC)
Sean Smith (SSC)
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

Fantastic. Hope you enjoy some of the new features of this version. Smile
missionrestart
missionrestart
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)

Hi Sean,

U have done a fantastic job designing a script which will give entire server report. But , is there any possibility, to save the report to local disk in the form of some html report?
Sean Smith (SSC)
Sean Smith (SSC)
UDP Broadcaster

There are various methods of saving output to a file. Unfortunately it is too long to go into detail here, but if you Google "SQL Server saving results to a file" you should be able to find some good articles to help you out. I've noted the idea as it is a good one and I will likely add it as an option when I do my next update of the code to allow for saving of the data to HTML, text, CSV, etc.
george25
george25
SSC-Enthusiastic

Not sure if this meets your requirement but if you choose the option to send the report by email the recipient can then save it manually.
Sean Smith (SSC)
Sean Smith (SSC)
UDP Broadcaster

Actually, that is a decent workaround for now. Smile
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.