Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Server System Report

SQL Server System Report

Author
Sean Smith-776614
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Fantastic! Great to hear. Smile
Alphonse
Alphonse
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

Great article. Fits in with a project that I am working on.
Just to try it out, I ran as script on my development machine (SQL Server 2005) without creating the proc and output the body content to text or a file.
The output is greatly truncated at the Database Recovery Model section. Maybe some nulls getting concatenated somewhere?
Sean Smith-776614
Sean Smith-776614
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)

Hmmm... would need to see the output. Send it to me if you want (email address is in the script).
ArthurEM
ArthurEM
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

This the report I've been looking for all my life. Thank you! :-)

Just one little thing, it runs terrific on SQL2005 but not at all on SQL2000. Is it possible that you might have SQL2000 version???

Thanks again, I can really use this report.
Sean Smith-776614
Sean Smith-776614
SSC-Addicted

Sorry, there is no 2000 version (and unlikely that I'll be making one).
ArthurEM
ArthurEM
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Alright.. Sad

Thanks anyways, the sql2005 report is great.
rVadim
rVadim
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

Great script - Thank you very much!

Couple of suggestions:

1. In List Backup Set Details it seems to be reporting databases that were deleted as well as those that are currently off line. It would be nice to have ability to filter those off.

2. In the Unused Indexes it would be nice to have Schema name along with Table name.

Thank you,
--Vadim.
Sean Smith-776614
Sean Smith-776614
SSC-Addicted

Great suggestions. For point 1 I noticed this as well but still wanted to see them for my purposes (plus they fall off the list as we do cleanups of the history tables). For point 2, there is the schema name in the drop index statement. For both points, I have added them in my "to do" list for the next release. Thanks!
James Zeman
James Zeman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

I'm having the same issue... did you get a response to this?
kiss.balazs
kiss.balazs
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Thank you, your script is much appreciate.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.