SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Building a Yahoo Finance input adapter for SQL Server StreamInsight

Building a Yahoo Finance input adapter for SQL Server StreamInsight

Author
JAhlen
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Building a Yahoo Finance input adapter for SQL Server StreamInsight
Ayyappan Thangaraj
Ayyappan Thangaraj
Valued Member
Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)

Thanks for your time spend for this article.

It is a wonderful article for Intro about StreamInsight. How can it help BI developer?

Please share your view according to real time data processing and reporting.
JAhlen
JAhlen
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)

adolf.ayyappan (11/25/2009)
Thanks for your time spend for this article.

It is a wonderful article for Intro about StreamInsight. How can it help BI developer?

Please share your view according to real time data processing and reporting.

That could be the subject of another article! :-)

I would say it helps BI developers build systems that react fast. For instance you can monitor blogs and news feeds, sending automatic alerts to key persons so they can act directly in case of bad publicity.

You can also use StreamInsight to do the collection job and initial filtering when you have environments that produce high speed data output.

/Johan
fotothis
fotothis
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)

Thank you for a great post on such a new technology, Johan.

Have you had a chance to test the code on the SQL Server 2008 R2 November CTP release? At first glance, it won't compile with Nov CTP version.
noeld
noeld
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

What I still don't get is "What does all of this has to do with SQL Server ?". It looks like a completely independent product. Sure you can insert into a database or read configuration data from it but why is it bundled with SQL Server?

* Noel
JAhlen
JAhlen
SSC Journeyman

fotothis (11/25/2009)
Thank you for a great post on such a new technology, Johan.

Have you had a chance to test the code on the SQL Server 2008 R2 November CTP release? At first glance, it won't compile with Nov CTP version.

I submitted this article over a month ago, before the Nov CTP. I will submit a new version that compiles on Nov CTP on Codeplex

http://stockticker.codeplex.com
JAhlen
JAhlen
SSC Journeyman

noeld (11/25/2009)
What I still don't get is "What does all of this has to do with SQL Server ?". It looks like a completely independent product. Sure you can insert into a database or read configuration data from it but why is it bundled with SQL Server?

Hi Noel,

I think Microsoft sees it as a component like SSIS. It's like an SSIS for CEP (Complex Event Processing). I guess also it may later be integrated into Management Studio.

/Johan
evald
evald
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)

Hello,
thanks for this article. Very simple and clear.
A question: what if i want to persist the stock quotes on a database(i.e sql2008)?
What approach would you advice?
Using an outputadpater?
thank you
JAhlen
JAhlen
SSC Journeyman

evald (12/10/2009)
Hello,
thanks for this article. Very simple and clear.
A question: what if i want to persist the stock quotes on a database(i.e sql2008)?
What approach would you advice?
Using an outputadpater?
thank you

Yes, you should use an output adapter.

Kind Regards,
Johan
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.