SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Guide to MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Developer

Guide to MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Developer

Author
mike.mcquillan
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Guide to MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Developer
Silverfox
Silverfox
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

Good article, thanks for sharing. all we need now is the other exams covered :-D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and
solve commonly asked questions

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden
Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw
How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw
Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw
mike.mcquillan
mike.mcquillan
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Hi all

I'm not sure why but none of the links for the 70-451 section have been generated correctly. Here they are, sorry for the inconvenience:

70-451 Preparation Guide
Entity Framework Microsoft Article
READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT Overview
Simple Talk Execution Plan Article

Cheers,
Mike.
Jon Cooney
Jon Cooney
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (215 reputation)SSC Veteran (215 reputation)SSC Veteran (215 reputation)SSC Veteran (215 reputation)SSC Veteran (215 reputation)SSC Veteran (215 reputation)SSC Veteran (215 reputation)SSC Veteran (215 reputation)

Pass 4 Sure & Self Exam Engine are suspected to be brain-dumps by certguard.
mchou
mchou
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)

Thank you for sharing.

Do you have any insight on SQL Server Administration - 70-432?

SanjayAttray
SanjayAttray
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)

If you already had 2005 certification then most probably just write one paper 70-453 and you get MCIPT. In Database Administration though, which I cleared last year.

I am far away from programming.

453 UPGRADE: Transition your MCITP Database Administrator Skills to MCITP Database Administrator 2008

SQL DBA.
Alexander Kuznetsov
Alexander Kuznetsov
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)

The following is incorrect:
"One warning - if you buy a SQL Server 2005 book, ensure you consult Books Online after reading through a subject. For instance, there are only four isolation levels in SQL Server 2005; SQL Server 2008 has added the SNAPSHOT isolation level"

Two SNAPSHOT isolation levels were added in SQL 2005.
mike.mcquillan
mike.mcquillan
Ten Centuries

Re: joncooney73. I was not aware that Pass 4 Sure & Self Exam Engine (both of whom I'm pretty sure are the same company) are possibly regarded as braindumps. I don't advocate the use of braindumps under any circumstances - if you're not interested in learning about the product, don't take the exam. That said, I don't recall seeing any questions on the exams that were in the two testing engines mentioned.

mchou, I am actually studying for 70-432 at the moment, using the Wrox book by Brian Knight et al. Unfortunately I'm moving house too, so time is limited. I'll try to write something up on it when I eventually take the exam.

Alexander, the Robert Vieira SQL Server 2005 book does not mention the Snapshot Isolation Level, which is why I've stated there are only four levels in SQL Server 2005. You are correct however, the SNAPSHOT isolation levels were added in SQL Server 2005. This is an error on my part. The point still stands that you should be aware of the SNAPSHOT isolation level for the exams.
Phil Brammer
Phil Brammer
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (245 reputation)SSC Veteran (245 reputation)SSC Veteran (245 reputation)SSC Veteran (245 reputation)SSC Veteran (245 reputation)SSC Veteran (245 reputation)SSC Veteran (245 reputation)SSC Veteran (245 reputation)

Alexander, the Robert Vieira SQL Server 2005 book does not mention the Snapshot Isolation Level, which is why I've stated there are only four levels in SQL Server 2005. You are correct however, the SNAPSHOT isolation levels were added in SQL Server 2005. This is an error on my part. The point still stands that you should be aware of the SNAPSHOT isolation level for the exams.

But BOL states that 2005 offers the four SQL-92 isolation levels, and additionally the SNAPSHOT isolation levels. Surprising that you tout BOL as the gold standard, yet you referenced a book. Wink

Is there any chance you can correct the article itself instead of simply acknowledging the error here?

Thanks,
Phil
Antonios Chatzipavlis
Antonios Chatzipavlis
Valued Member
Valued Member (59 reputation)Valued Member (59 reputation)Valued Member (59 reputation)Valued Member (59 reputation)Valued Member (59 reputation)Valued Member (59 reputation)Valued Member (59 reputation)Valued Member (59 reputation)

Very good article.
Unfortunately when I tried to rate it , by mistake I gave wrong points Blush
I am sorry about that

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.