SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL 2008 T-SQL

SQL 2008 T-SQL

Author
bitbucket-25253
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL 2008 T-SQL

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read

Before posting a performance problem please read
Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

I got my points, due to a lucky 50/50 guess. But I'd still like to know, what eexactly is the difference between
DeptId 2 data was updated,Deptid 5 row was deleted,A new Deptid of 6 was added
and
Deptid 1 no changes,DeptId 2 data was updated,Deptid 5 was deleted,A new Deptid of 6 was added
?

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
paul.goldstraw
paul.goldstraw
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

And I was the unlucky one who guessed the other way and got it wrong. Answers 1 and 2 are the same, but imo answer 1 is more correct, since the question asked

What actions were executed in/on the rows in the Depts table?

Since no actions were executed on row 1 it should have been omitted.
kramaswamy
kramaswamy
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

yeah, lucked out on getting it right, since both of those answers are technically correct.
dave.farmer
dave.farmer
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Wrong here too - I spent a lot of time deciding between answer 1 and 2, and as Paul mentioned above, plumped for 1 as the question asked about actions and no action was taken with row 1 so it shouldn't be mentioned.

Of course I knew I'd be wrong. I seem to have the unenviable knack of choosing the wrong one whenever there are multiple correct answers, and every time I do, I vow to give up on these questions - and by the next day I'm back, getting the wrong right answer yet again! :-{
David Betteridge
David Betteridge
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

I think answer 1 is correct as well!

David
Aluminum
Aluminum
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)SSC-Addicted (460 reputation)

I just guessed. This one was way to much to think about.
Cliff Jones
Cliff Jones
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)

Yes, please explain the difference between answers 1 and 2 because it is very subtle.
mtassin
mtassin
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)

I agree... I got this one right, but I was torn between the equivacy of answer 1 and 2.

1 makes no mention of row 1, hence it is left alone.
2 distinctly states that nothing will happen to row 1... which equates to answer 1.

--Mark Tassin
MCITP - SQL Server DBA
Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
For help with Performance click this link
For tips on how to post your problems
Scott Coleman
Scott Coleman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)

How on earth can you claim "no changes" is an action that was executed?

I'm really getting tired of questions that play word games.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.