SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

any recommendations for 70-450?

any recommendations for 70-450?

Author
Chris Houghton
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
rdouglas66 (7/15/2010)
Yin Halen (7/8/2010)
Just barely failed the 70-450 test today.

Don't waste your money with the nuggets. They are ok but do not go into the detail you need to pass this test.

Those security questions are hard.

Sorry to hear that. There's a book on amazon by Tom Carpenter SQL Server 2008 Administration: Real-World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-432 and 70-450) has anybody used it? There are no ratings for it on the UK or US sites.

Rich

There's also this -

70-443 and 70-450: Microsoft SQL Server Database Design and Optimization, Package

Thinking of giving it a go now I've got the 70-432 out of the way, looks like its the instructors resource but it's official MS (if that's a good thing!)
Chris Houghton
Chris Houghton
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)Say Hey Kid (704 reputation)

Will let you know if it's any good.
Vineet Khanna
Vineet Khanna
Valued Member
Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)

Guys any suggestions for mcitp 70-450?
Thanks in advance
Shawn Melton
Shawn Melton
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)

RichardDouglas (7/15/2010)
There's a book on amazon by Tom Carpenter SQL Server 2008 Administration: Real-World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-432 and 70-450) has anybody used it? There are no ratings for it on the UK or US sites.

Rich

I have the book and it is pretty good read. I have not read it all the way through yet. I did not buy it was given to me at a PASS user group meeting. The good thing about is it is current, it was just written and published in 2010. It does have a test engine and flashcards (like all other Sybex books), with some video walkthroughs.

You might also go by the Skills Measured page and check Books Online for the information.

I have used MeasureUp.com that came with a few Exam Cram books I have. It is very good as practice. I think the 70-450 is about $80 for 30-day access. They have very good explanations in the answers, tell you why the wrong answer is wrong.

I might also suggest these 2 books:
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Internals (Pro - Developer) by Kalen Delaney, Paul S. Randal, Kimberly L. Tripp, and Conor Cunningham (Paperback - Mar 11, 2009)
Professional SQL Server 2008 Internals and Troubleshooting by Christian Bolton, Justin Langford, Brent Ozar, and James Rowland-Jones (Paperback - Jan 7, 2010)

Shawn Melton
PS C:\>(Find-Me).TwitterURL
@wsmelton
PS C:\>(Find-Me).BlogURL
meltondba.wordpress.com
Shawn Melton
Shawn Melton
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)

Chris Houghton (7/16/2010)

There's also this -

70-443 and 70-450: Microsoft SQL Server Database Design and Optimization, Package

Thinking of giving it a go now I've got the 70-432 out of the way, looks like its the instructors resource but it's official MS (if that's a good thing!)

If you can setup some virtual machines the lab manual would be a great thing to go through if you have not worked with SQL Server 2008 before.

Shawn Melton
PS C:\>(Find-Me).TwitterURL
@wsmelton
PS C:\>(Find-Me).BlogURL
meltondba.wordpress.com
Vineet Khanna
Vineet Khanna
Valued Member
Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)Valued Member (69 reputation)

thanks Shawn
whubbard-662751
whubbard-662751
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

I to am studying for the 70-450. Have test scheduled for 2/21. I have been using 70-432 materials plus the Administrators Pocket consultant. In addition I purchased a "Mega Guide" from PrepLogic for $1.00 (on sale) that is quite concise and good study material.
4R4
4R4
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)

I have the book made by Tom Carpenter and have used it for passing 70-432. I had another book too and find that Tom Carpenters book goes a bit more into details with the stuff at least for 70-432 than the others I have seen.

I am going to start on 70-450 but from what I have found on the net, this book isn’t deep enough – you have to work with the program. But it seems that it the only book available so I will stick to it.

/René
Arun Jebakumar
Arun Jebakumar
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (287 reputation)SSC Veteran (287 reputation)SSC Veteran (287 reputation)SSC Veteran (287 reputation)SSC Veteran (287 reputation)SSC Veteran (287 reputation)SSC Veteran (287 reputation)SSC Veteran (287 reputation)

I use the Administrator's Pocket consultant book

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?ID=12755&locale=en-us#
Duncan Pryde
Duncan Pryde
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

RichardDouglas (7/15/2010)
There's a book on amazon by Tom Carpenter SQL Server 2008 Administration: Real-World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-432 and 70-450) has anybody used it? There are no ratings for it on the UK or US sites.

Rich

I used that book to study for the upgrade exam from 2005 to 2008. It didn't cover everything that was in the exam, but in other ways it was more useful than a traditional study guide as it had more "real world" examples and information.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.