Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Error when I click on "Start Mirroring" button.

Error when I click on "Start Mirroring" button.

Author
Joy Smith San
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Dear All,

I was configuring mirroring on my TEST servers. I could configure it succesfully (I din't configure witness server at all).But when I click on "Start Mirroring" it gives me the following error.

"TCP://MIRROR_servername:5022" can not be reached or does not exist.Check the network address name and reissue the command.(Microsoft SQL server, Error:1418)"

First it was caoming for principal server("TCP://PRINCIPAL_servername:5022") . Then I made the mirror database in NO RECOVERY mode.After that this error is coming for MIRROR SERVER.

What to do..? Pls help..
And is it essential to configure witness server..?

Thanks in advance.
MarkusB
MarkusB
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

You say you configured this on your test server. Does that mean that the principal and the mirror databases are both on the same server? If that's the case you cannot use port 5022 for both endpoints. Change one of them to 5023 or any other free port.

Markus Bohse
Joy Smith San
Joy Smith San
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

I was configuring mirroring on my TEST servers.

No, both are different servers and NOT same.
shahm10
shahm10
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

have you created proper tcp endpoints ?
Joy Smith San
Joy Smith San
SSCrazy

shahm10 (5/26/2009)
have you created proper tcp endpoints ?

There's a small problem infact. I created it using SSMS wizard. So for Principal it's coming as "TCP://principalservername.domainname:5022"
but for Mirror "domainnam is not coming"..only "TCP://mirrorservername:5022" is coming.
Why so.? Using wizard it's streight forward anyways. Nothing complicated.
But Where am I doing wrong ?. Can u just brief how to create "TCP ENDPOINTS" properly.?

Thanks.
shahm10
shahm10
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Create TCP endpoints using T-SQL statements and then grant CONNECT permissions to your login on both principal and mirror servers.

CREATE ENDPOINT [Mirroring]
STATE=STARTED
AS TCP (LISTENER_PORT=1430,LISTENER_IP=ALL)
FOR DATA_MIRRORING (ROLE=PARTNER,AUTHENTICATION=WINDOWS NEGOTIATE,ENCRYPTION=REQUIRED ALGORITHM RC4)

Create endpoint on both servers and then grant permissions and then use wizard.
Joy Smith San
Joy Smith San
SSCrazy

Thanks, I will check and revert back.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.