Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber.

The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber.

Author
vefa
Valued Member
Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,

I setup a merge replication between SQL2005.

I have two subscribers. First subscriber is working perfectly, but the second is not.

I am getting below error when Sync process is running. I am using the same security and same subscription features.

I will appreciate if someone can help in this manner.

Thanks.

Error messages:
The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber. If using Web synchronization, the merge process may have been unable to create or write to the message file. When troubleshooting, restart the synchronization with verbose history logging and specify an output file to which to write. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147201001)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL-2147201001
Cannot find the object 'MSmerge_ctsv_621A4D6A4DF547A096F0FB98C63C1FFE', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 15151)
Get help: http://help/15151
Jack Corbett
  Jack Corbett
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

First I should say that I am not a replication expert, but based on the error message it appears there is a difference in the security setup on the 2 subscribers. What account(s) are the SQL Server and SQL Server agent accounts running under? Are they domain accounts? Do they all have rights to access each other?

Those are some of the questions that pop into mind and those answers have fixed similar problems, not necessarily replication, for me in the past.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Don't let the good be the enemy of the best. -- Paul Fleming
At best you can say that one job may be more secure than another, but total job security is an illusion. -- Rod at work

Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question
How to Post Performance Problems
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 1
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 2
vefa
vefa
Valued Member
Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)

The problem was solved.
It was related server configuratin.

Thanks.
JakDBA
JakDBA
Valued Member
Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)

HI friend how did u solve the error, now i am facing the same, i am working on SQL 2008 sever.

Please let me knkow the configuration changes you have done... URGENT

@JayMunnangi
jzapp
jzapp
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

Please don't just say it was a server configuration issue. What part of the server configuration was causing the problem?

Thanks.
rnoldec
rnoldec
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Hi vefa,

Can you share to us what exactly did you do to solve the problem?
vefa
vefa
Valued Member

Hi Mate,
It has been long time. It was related to db trigger.
Please check db triggers in subscriber site.

Cheers
gmohanraj
gmohanraj
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

hi,
I didnt have any trigger like , could you tell exactly how did u resolved
marcelo miorelli
marcelo miorelli
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

hi there,
same error here,
it happens pretty often actually.
sometimes it soves itself out though.

The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber. If using Web synchronization, the merge process may have been unable to create or write to the message file. When troubleshooting, restart the synchronization with verbose history logging and specify an output file to which to write. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147201001)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL-2147201001
The process could not bulk copy into table '"dbo"."MSmerge_contents"'. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20037)

I am using SQL Server 2005 SP2.
64 Bits.

please let me know anything if you found any solution for this problem.
thanks and regards
marcelo
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.