Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Execute Process Task - The process exit code was "2" while the expected was "0"

Execute Process Task - The process exit code was "2" while the expected was "0"

Author
Alvin_D
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
So that this helps someone.
The reply is correct that it has to do with credentials when running the package via DTExec.exe. GNU cannot run under SQL agent untill the following was done. All I had to do was to add the pubring and secring files used to decrypt the files in C:\Documents and Settings\SQLSERVICE\Application Data\gnupg folder. "SQLSERVICE" could be different on your system. Then the Job runs, otherwise I would get the process ended with exit code 2 when 0 was expected.
Hope this helps someone
keniaa
keniaa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Same issue here. Did you ever find a solution?
thanks,
Kenia
suresh t
suresh t
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Hi Ram,

Struck with the same step where u were, please post any update if u get.

Thanks,
Suresh
HBhagat
HBhagat
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (550 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (550 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (550 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (550 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (550 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (550 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (550 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (550 reputation)

Hi,

I also ran into the same problem.
I was unzipping the folders to a different location. The folders were unzipped successfully, but it used to fail always with the error with the exit code.

I made the changes in the expression task for the column "FailTaskReturnCodeIsNotSuccessValue" to False.:-)

This worked for me.

Hope this helps.
latingntlman
latingntlman
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)

Hello all,

I'm having a similar issue but the exit code is "12" while the expected was "0". I'm completely stuck and not sure what it means or where it's coming from. Basically it's a container. Inside of it there's and Execute Process Task Editor, which executes a batch file, which has code that pulls data from TERADATA, then exports it to a text file. After this, a Data Flow Task imports the data from the text file into a SQL table.

The container errors out about 3 seconds after the executable batch has fired off. I looked it up on the web but nothing with "exit code 12.

Has anyone experienced this situation before, if so, what can be done?

Regards,

J.
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

latingntlman (10/19/2015)
Hello all,

I'm having a similar issue but the exit code is "12" while the expected was "0". I'm completely stuck and not sure what it means or where it's coming from. Basically it's a container. Inside of it there's and Execute Process Task Editor, which executes a batch file, which has code that pulls data from TERADATA, then exports it to a text file. After this, a Data Flow Task imports the data from the text file into a SQL table.

The container errors out about 3 seconds after the executable batch has fired off. I looked it up on the web but nothing with "exit code 12.

Has anyone experienced this situation before, if so, what can be done?

Regards,

J.

My question would be why are you using a batch file to export data from Teradata to a text file and then importing the data from the text file? Seems to me you should be pulling the data directly from Teradata in to the target table In SQL.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
latingntlman
latingntlman
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)

I inherited this SSIS solution from someone who's no longer w/the company, so I can't get into that right now. What I really need to figure out is what the heck that exit code 12 means and how I can fix it, so any light shed by anyone will be greatly appreciated.

J.
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

Well, here's the problem. We can't see what you see from here. We have no idea what the process is that is extracting the data from Teradata. We don't know what the process is being used to import the data (though I have an idea). Most importantly, we don't know which is failing or if the failure is actually a success.

You will need to break down the process, perhaps run it in debug mode in BI Studio (or what ever it is called), and pin point where the failure is occurring.

You may also want to look at adding logging to the process.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables

latingntlman
latingntlman
SSC Veteran

It turned out to be an access violation issue inside the batch file: The login user's password had expired. Problem fixed.
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Insane

latingntlman (10/19/2015)
It turned out to be an access violation issue inside the batch file: The login user's password had expired. Problem fixed.

Glad you found it.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.