SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL School Video - Creating Stored Procedures

SQL School Video - Creating Stored Procedures

Author
Brian Knight
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL School Video - Creating Stored Procedures

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (423K reputation)SSC Guru (423K reputation)SSC Guru (423K reputation)SSC Guru (423K reputation)SSC Guru (423K reputation)SSC Guru (423K reputation)SSC Guru (423K reputation)SSC Guru (423K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Very nice intro to stored procs... outstanding video, too! Great job, Brian.

Is it "Smart TV" that allowed you to create such a beautiful performance? If not, what did you use because with the "expanding red circle" attentention getter, the yellow highlighter, and the ability to quick pan and zoom, I think that's one hell of a great product and, if my meager budget allows it, I wouldn't mind buying a copy!

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced ree-bar and is a Modenism for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Forum FAQs
Brian Knight
Brian Knight
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)

I use a combination of a tool called Zoomit (free from SysInternals.com) to zoom in and out. Camtasia does all the recording with the highlighted cricle and click actions.

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
Antares686
Antares686
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)

Good item for starters, Brian. My only thought is you should have explained that you can submit values in variable order without specifying the names and that you can submit them in any order as long as you specify the variable name. And you might have want to go ahead and demonstrate default values and demonstrate the difference in what happens with and without them.

jim.powers
jim.powers
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)

Great video. I wish I would have seen something this simple years ago when I had to start writing and maintaining SPs. Something interesting I did not know is that you can execute the SP without EXEC (or EXECUTE); although I'll keep using EXEC since it gives that warm fuzzy feeling that I'm actually doing something.
Anipaul
Anipaul
SSChampion
SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)

Wonderful video, excellent stuff....

RBarryYoung
RBarryYoung
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)

Brian Knight (7/29/2008)
I use a combination of a tool called Zoomit (free from SysInternals.com) to zoom in and out. Camtasia does all the recording with the highlighted cricle and click actions.

Yeah, Zoomit is a cool little tool. Very lightweight and very easy to use.

-- RBarryYoung, (302)375-0451 blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung
Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
"Performance is our middle name."
Atif-ullah Sheikh
Atif-ullah Sheikh
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)

The tool used to make the video is cool. Also, great learning stuff for the beginners.

Atif Sheikh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.

You can check my BLOG here

need to learn
need to learn
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

Great Video...well explained
jody.williams
jody.williams
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Very great video as I am very green with SQL. I was able to recreate using my database, however I am unable to use the = to get items that were entered on a specific date. Does this only work using the > or < symbols.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.