SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

theSystem - Part II

theSystem - Part II

Author
FibRock
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item theSystem - Part II

Steve
http://stevefibich.net
http://utilitydb.codeplex.com/
David Bird
David Bird
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)

It will be interesting to see how this game develops. Databases of sorts are used all the time in games to provide flexibility to the game design. Working so long in the business world made me forget what motivated me to get into computer games. Creating the best computer game ever. Well that never happened

Thanks for continuing the series.

David Bird
John-150025
John-150025
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)

Great series so far. I am going to be using your code in a db to poke around with it and see how it ticks....
Dan Guzman - Not the MVP
Dan Guzman - Not the MVP
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)

Your code for inserting landtypes has 'stream' commented out. I missed that before I ran it, and it caused all sorts of trouble.

Your first page is also missing the script for creating the metadata.logging table.

It's taking shape. I can't wait to see whats next.

Dan
John-150025
John-150025
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)

Dan Guzman (4/16/2008)
Your code for inserting landtypes has 'stream' commented out. I missed that before I ran it, and it caused all sorts of trouble.

Your first page is also missing the script for creating the metadata.logging table.

It's taking shape. I can't wait to see whats next.

Dan

i agree....i removed stream altogether and created the logging table myself.....i was able to generate maps, which is pretty cool. I cannot wait to see when he adds the percentage modifier to the land types
FibRock
FibRock
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)

Sorry about any scripting issues, I ran a test in my development environment before posting. I thought I cleared everything out and built it from scratch but I must have missed something. I'll include a full build with the next article.

Steve
http://stevefibich.net
http://utilitydb.codeplex.com/
Anipaul
Anipaul
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)

Good one and really this series is taking an excellent turn. Waiting for the next one.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.