SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Script to apply pending logs

Script to apply pending logs

Author
gk-411903
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I am looking at the backupset view/table ; My aim is to regenerate the SQL statements to apply the archivelogs at the STANDBY; The name column is showing blank. How do i find the name of the file; Order by first_lsn gets me the required order.

TIA
Sponge-592981
Sponge-592981
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)

TIA.

1) I think you are posting an oracle database question in sql server world Tongue
2) This is not a fundemental question..Smile

Reshadit@hotmail.com
gk-411903
gk-411903
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)Right there with Babe (769 reputation)

It does not matter if this is Oracle or Sybase related. The question is how to get the answer.
Michael Valentine Jones
Michael Valentine Jones
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

If you want help with a query, it would help if you posted the actual code of the query.
Sponge-592981
Sponge-592981
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)SSC Veteran (275 reputation)

GK,

With all do respect it definetly matters. It matters on how successful you will be in searching for your answer. What I meant by my post was if you have oracle or sybase the chance of you getting the answer you need is not probable.

Again,

1) You are on a SQL Server microsoft realated which does the same things but differently.
2) This is not a fundamental question, it would be a slight more difficult question.

To help you get your answer that you are looking for(Which I presume since you have not recieved a posting) I would first and upmost find an oracle or sybase forum (Perhaps even a diverse forum for all databases. This will increase your chances of finding your 'answer'.

Thanks,

ReshadIT@hotmail.com
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.