SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

I've Got the XML – Now What?

I've Got the XML – Now What?

Author
David McKinney
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted here are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/dmckinney/2831.asp
Paul Ingham
Paul Ingham
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)

An excellent article, I have been looking for a method to get an rss feed out of a sql table and this looks like it may be able to help.
David McKinney
David McKinney
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

I'm glad I could be of help. I hadn't thought of rss as a possible application. I have written an rss feed coming out of SQL server, but I basically queried the database directly from the asp page (by configuring IIS.) I borrowed the technique from the article below.

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=194

But if you've got it working well with SSIS then why change it.

David.

David McKinney
David McKinney
SSCrazy

Unfortunately since the article was written, Altova has stopped distributing a free edition of XMLSpy.

However, you can try it out for 30 days (careful it's very good and you just might end up buying it!). There are also other free xsl authoring tools available.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

David.
dpelst
dpelst
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)

Looks like it might be an interesting article, but the Figures don't render at all, and the code is in a window that is so narrow any word more than 4 characters breaks across the line. All in all, useless.

Hopefully you can fix.
David McKinney
David McKinney
SSCrazy

I'm using IE6, and can view the article OK. hmmm.
Can't help, I'm afraid.
(But this article has been there for quite some time, and I've not heard of any problems.)

If anyone confirms the problem, I'll get in touch with Steve, the editor, to look into it.
dpelst
dpelst
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)

Hmmm is right!

I was using a machine that has IE7 at the time it didn't display correctly. I just tried it on my own machine which also uses IE7, and it seems to be fine. So... Hmmm.

Thanks anyway.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.