SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

All the 3 jobs are running successfully but Restoration in Secondary server is not happening

All the 3 jobs are running successfully but Restoration in Secondary server is not happening

Author
Beatrix Kiddo
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
What about the rest of my suggestion?
Chowdary's
Chowdary's
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)

Hi Sir.
Am checking that one sir i will let u know asap.

Regards
Jagadeesh...

Regards
Chowdary...
Chowdary's
Chowdary's
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)

Hi Sir,
Can please Elaborate the above Step.
I have observed that restore job is not running and showing the following error message but when i checked that all the transaction getting Restored even though...

2014-04-16 13:00:00.64 Could not find a log backup file that could be applied to secondary database 'TestDB'.

PFA...

Regards
Chowdary...
Attachments
couldnotfnd.jpg (10 views, 338.00 KB)
Beatrix Kiddo
Beatrix Kiddo
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)

If this relates to your other thread, then isn't your problem just that the copy job isn't working? (This is why I said to keep it all in one thread.)

If your backups aren't being copied, there's nothing to restore.
Perry Whittle
Perry Whittle
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)

Jagadeesh Chowdary (4/16/2014)
Hi Sir,
Can please Elaborate the above Step.
I have observed that restore job is not running and showing the following error message but when i checked that all the transaction getting Restored even though...

2014-04-16 13:00:00.64 Could not find a log backup file that could be applied to secondary database 'TestDB'.

PFA...

Check each steps history, either

• logs are not being copied, hence no restore

• logs are being copied, but a log backup is missing, so no restores will take place

You have an LSN gap probably, this can be bridged by locating and restoring all log backups or, if no full backup has occurred against the Primary, apply a differential backup.

To check if the Primaries differential base LSN is in sync with the Secondary run the following against the Priamry and Secondary instances and return the results

select name, differential_base_lsn from sys.master_files
where database_id = db_id('logshipped_db_name') and type_desc = 'rows'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ;-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.