Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Displaying column names

Displaying column names

Author
VSSGeorge
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi
I have a requirement where I need to show a column name in a SSRS report in the following format:

List of <Hazards.hazardCode> separated by ", "
<MaterialsItems.otherHazards>

Here, Hazards and MaterialsItems are table names and hazardCode and otherHazards are column names.

How to display this? Pls help me on this.
Sean Lange
Sean Lange
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

Junglee_George (10/4/2013)
Hi
I have a requirement where I need to show a column name in a SSRS report in the following format:

List of <Hazards.hazardCode> separated by ", "
<MaterialsItems.otherHazards>

Here, Hazards and MaterialsItems are table names and hazardCode and otherHazards are column names.

How to display this? Pls help me on this.

WOW talk about vague. I think you want to create a comma separated list of hazardCode?

Take a look at this link. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/71700/

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
pietlinden
pietlinden
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)

You might be able to use JOIN() in SSRS, but Sean's right... more details, please!!!

If you want a good answer, ask a good question! (enough details so we can reproduce what you're seeing...)
VSSGeorge
VSSGeorge
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)Say Hey Kid (685 reputation)

I want to show the above column in a SSRS table, as an expression(as I have to join two columns from different tables.).
Sean Lange
Sean Lange
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

Junglee_George (10/7/2013)
I want to show the above column in a SSRS table, as an expression(as I have to join two columns from different tables.).

We can't see your screen, we have no idea what your project is supposed to do, we don't know your datasets. You have provided absolutely no details about what you want. We are really good at sql but we are terrible as mind readers. Look at what you have posted and ask yourself if you could provide an answer based on the details provided.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

ccavaco
ccavaco
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)

Are the column names constant or dynamic?
VSSGeorge
VSSGeorge
Say Hey Kid

The columns are constant columns in a table.
VSSGeorge
VSSGeorge
Say Hey Kid

I am getting this error message when the JOIN() in ssrs is used.

[rsRuntimeErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the textrun ‘Textbox96.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: Overload resolution failed because no Public 'Join' can be called with these arguments: 'Public Shared Function Join(SourceArray As String(), [Delimiter As String = ]) As String': Argument matching parameter 'SourceArray' cannot convert from 'String' to 'String()'. 'Public Shared Function Join(SourceArray As System.Object(), [Delimiter As String = ]) As String': Argument matching parameter 'SourceArray' cannot convert from 'String' to 'Object()'.

Any help is appreciated.
Sean Lange
Sean Lange
SSCoach

Junglee_George (10/10/2013)
I am getting this error message when the JOIN() in ssrs is used.

[rsRuntimeErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the textrun ‘Textbox96.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: Overload resolution failed because no Public 'Join' can be called with these arguments: 'Public Shared Function Join(SourceArray As String(), [Delimiter As String = ]) As String': Argument matching parameter 'SourceArray' cannot convert from 'String' to 'String()'. 'Public Shared Function Join(SourceArray As System.Object(), [Delimiter As String = ]) As String': Argument matching parameter 'SourceArray' cannot convert from 'String' to 'Object()'.

Any help is appreciated.

6 days into your issue, you haven't received any help. I have asked repeatedly for details and you keep posting anything but details. I generally request this information a maximum of three times...this is #3 in your thread. Give us some details and we can help you find a solution.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.