I got same issue here. I tried following solutions, but no luck.
1. logged as member of administrator
2. logged as built-in administrator
3. If I disable anonymous access and choose integrated Windows Authentication, it always prompt for user id and password, even I turn on 'Make automatic login user & password', but it didn't load regardless I key in any credentials.
4. If I enable anonymous access and use member of administrator account, I can't see site setting nor any other toolbar to select.
5. I run IE as administrator, got the same result.