I'm trying to copy a few databases within the same server. Four of the database copies worked while two will not. When I try to copy those databases, I receive the following errors in order,
1. Operating system error 'invalid protection option' resulted from attempt to read the following: sort run page (1:106884), in file 'F:\SQLTempDB\tempdb.mdf', in database with ID 2. Sort is retrying the read.
2. Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 7.
3. The operating system returned error invalid protection option to SQL Server during a read at offset 0x00000034308000 in file 'F:\SQLTempDB\tempdb.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log and system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe system-level error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB).
So here's what I have done so far,
1. I restarted the SQL Server service to refresh TempDB and the same issue occurred
2. I did a CHECKDB on the TEMPDB as well as the databases I'm copying from and still see the same issue.
3. I ran a chkdsk which found errors on the drives. We replaced those drives with brand new ones and we are still seeing the same issue.
Any ideas where to go from here? Note that these are the only errors I can find within the SQL Server logs and windows logs.