Hopefully the following notes will point you in the right direction for using ODBC connections with QlikView.
Create an ODBC Connection in QlikView
1. Open your QlikView application.
2. Select the File Menu, then select Edit Script.
3. Select ‘ODBC’ from Database dropdown list and then click the ‘Connect…’ button.
The ‘Connect to Data Source’ screen will be displayed.
4. All System DSN’s will be displayed, if you need to see any User DSN’s you need to select the ‘Show User DSN’s checkbox at the bottom of the screen.
5. Enter the username and password for the DSN you have selected.
6. Click on the ‘Test Connection…’ button to verify that the ODBC connection is setup correctly and that you are using the correct username and password.
7. Click OK on both screens then the ‘ODBC CONNECT’ command will be added to your load script.
You can see from the example below that the username\password have been encrypted.
ODBC CONNECT TO MyTestDSN (XUserId is fWSDQZFMeD, XPassword is LcTfCRFMLLZEHHC);
2. Click the SELECT button.
3. The ‘Create Select Statement’ screen will be displayed.
4. For each table you want to read data into your QlikView application:
5. Select the table from the ‘Database Tables’ list.
6. Select the Fields you wish to add from the Fields list. If you select all fields as ‘*’ then click on the ‘Preceding Load’ option so that all fields are displayed in the script.
7. Click the Add button.
8. Once you have finished adding tables click the OK button.
Finally you need to reload the document by clicking on the reload button or Ctrl+R.