Its been working all this while but for some reason it has stopped working for only 1 of our environment.
Even executing exec master.dbo.xp_cmdshell 'dir c:\*.txt' brings following error mssgMsg 15121, Level 16, State 10, Procedure xp_cmdshell, Line 1
An error occurred during the execution of xp_cmdshell. A call to 'CreateProcessAsUser' failed with error code: '1314'.
Here is what I have confirmed so far
1) select * from sys.configurations = xp_cmdshell value is 1 (in column value, value_in_use, maximum)
2) The ##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account## uses a Domain Service Account . This Service Account is part of the Local Administrator group and has the following user rights permissions
•Act as part of the operating system.
•replace process level token.
•Log on as a batch job.
3) I have restarted the instance and still no luck
4) I am a sysadmin but was executing the above as a non admin user, the same user that runs this command through a job every night.
5) Executing the above as a sysadmin works perfectly fine
I think this is for sure a permission problem but not sure what else to check for ?