SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

How to Know server is in SRDF

How to Know server is in SRDF

Author
sunil.aggi
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
We have SRDF DR setup in our SQL env and one common question which arise everyday is how can one come to know that my server is set up under SRDF. Is there any command which I can run under command prompt my primary box and confirm that this server is under SRDF DR recovery?
sqlGDBA
sqlGDBA
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)

While we dont use SRDF, and use a similar Hitachi product, we have a dummy job that runs every hour updating a single row in a dummy table. We use this to check latency on the other side and to ensure that its being replicated to the DR site. Hope that helps.
sunil.aggi
sunil.aggi
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)

Thanks, but my question was not on how to update records under SRDF. I want to know where at looking at primary server you can define tha this server is under SRDF DR recovery mode. Like in Log shipping we go in database properties and check, for replication we check in local publication. Like wise for SRDF recovery mode, is there any place where we can confirm that this database is in SRDF.
sqlGDBA
sqlGDBA
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)SSC-Addicted (493 reputation)

As far as I know, no. This setting is exclusive to the SAN. SQL Server, as far as I know is not aware of this setup, and the refresh is managed entirely on / by the SAN at the block level(At least in our case - using Hitachi SAN). This is something like how some apps / services are not cluster aware, but can be managed in a cluster by adding them in the cluster set up as a generic service.
sunil.aggi
sunil.aggi
SSC Journeyman

Thank you ....
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.