SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Jeff Moden elected Exceptional DBA of 2011

Jeff Moden elected Exceptional DBA of 2011

Author
David Benoit
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Jeff - Congratulations! Truly a well deserved award. I can easily say that your articles / posts have had a significant impact on my skills as a DBA, which is, of course, why you do what you do. Thank you!

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot
Bryant McClellan
Bryant McClellan
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

Congratulations, Jeff. I have read some of your work and we've even conversed over development standards. I've tried to employ everything I have learned from you and have become an anti-REBAR evangelist.

A well deserved honor. Please keep up what you are doing. The entire SQL community benefits from your attitude, knowledge and dedication.

Cheers!

------------
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -- Hunter S. Thompson
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)

I sure do appreciate all the great feedback you good folks have given. It's been my pleasure to serve.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced ree-bar and is a Modenism for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Forum FAQs
DanMcClain
DanMcClain
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (149 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (149 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (149 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (149 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (149 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (149 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (149 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (149 reputation)

Congratulations Jeff !!!

Julie Breutzmann
Julie Breutzmann
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Congratulations on a very well-deserved recognition!

Julie
Stanley Chan
Stanley Chan
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)

Congratulation Jeff. Thanks for your articles as well.
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)SSC Guru (221K reputation)

The award ceremony in Seattle has come and gone. It was absolutely awesome especially since I got to put a check-mark next to some folks' names on my "bucket list" thanks to them being at the SQLServerCentral PASS Party where the award was given.

Thank all of you again for the great honor you've given me.

--Jeff Moden

Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Helpful Links:
Forum FAQs
bitbucket-25253
bitbucket-25253
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

Jeff for a guy who is 2 days older than dirt, from a guy who is 3 days older than dirt

Thanks for all you have done to teach myself and countless others.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read

Before posting a performance problem please read
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (150K reputation)SSC Guru (150K reputation)SSC Guru (150K reputation)SSC Guru (150K reputation)SSC Guru (150K reputation)SSC Guru (150K reputation)SSC Guru (150K reputation)SSC Guru (150K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Congrats again, Jeff, and a nice ceremony for you and a nice speech from you. The award was well deserved.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru

bitbucket-25253 (10/17/2011)
Jeff for a guy who is 2 days older than dirt, from a guy who is 3 days older than dirt

Thanks for all you have done to teach myself and countless others.

Thanks Ron. I met all 3 of the folks that hold the award from previous years and they're all great folks. The first one, Dan McClain, is a day older than dirt so, no pun intended, we've got things pretty well covered age-wise. :-D

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:
Forum FAQs
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.