Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Dump SQL Permissions

Dump SQL Permissions

Author
Argyle-123241
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

Here is a script that does what you are looking for:
http://www.sql-server-performance.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=298

cmille19
cmille19
Old Hand
Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)

Sure -- I'm glad you've found it useful

cmille19
cmille19
Old Hand
Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)

Maybe you can post it in the free downloads section.

cmille19
cmille19
Old Hand

Unfortunately I don't -- but that's not a bad idea for another tool. Perhaps someone else has created one. I've been sitting on DumpSQLSec for three years and I bet quite a few DBAs have some cool SQL-DMO code out there. Let's start posting it.

On seperate note, creating a SQL-DMO applicaton is a great way for DBAs to brush up on their programming skills. I plan on creating a .NET SQL-DMO application sometime this year in order to start learning .NET and of the course there's the added benefit of having yet another useful tool.

SteveB-74825
SteveB-74825
Old Hand
Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)

I have some code written in C# that dumps all users, table defs, and permissions to local files on disk.

The code installs as a service and would only need a tweak to read the server name from a file or a registry setting. I'll post the code on here if anyone is interested and they can amend it and use it as they see fit.

cheers

dbgeezer
SteveB-74825
SteveB-74825
Old Hand
Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)

where is the free downloads section ?

i've just had a look for it and can't find it ...

cheers

dbgeezer
cmille19
cmille19
Old Hand

Under Resources >> Products and Books >> Contribute Freeware (This just sends a message to articles@sqlservercentral.com) and the site owners will post it.

sg95m476
sg95m476
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Yeah! I do remember reading that in the docs. My bad. That was it - the SQL client, they forget to add that to my new hard drive image. I have it back and the app works! Thanks! You rock!

~Chuck

I had it working and it rocked...then my company upgraded my pc from NT workstation to XP and now I get this error when I try to select a server from DumpSQLSec's Report menu:

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object
I am pulling my hair out trying to solve this as I really want to use this tool again. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Chuck Boyce
info@ChuckBoyceTechnology.com

cmille19
cmille19
Old Hand

Do you have the SQL 2000 client tools loaded on your new machine?

jG
jG
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (137 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (137 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (137 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (137 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (137 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (137 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (137 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (137 reputation)

One great Tool!!!

-JG
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.