Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Differences

Differences

Author
Steve Jones
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Differences

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
{edit} Removed my comment. People may have taken it the wrong way.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced ree-bar and is a Modenism for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
     Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
Although they tell us that they want it real bad, our primary goal is to ensure that we dont actually give it to them that way.
Although change is inevitable, change for the better is usually not.
Just because you can do something in PowerShell, doesnt mean you should. Wink

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Forum FAQs
Philipp Post
Philipp Post
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)

Good article. Well said.

brgds

Philipp Post
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)

{edit} Removed my comment. People may have taken it the wrong way.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced ree-bar and is a Modenism for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
     Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
Although they tell us that they want it real bad, our primary goal is to ensure that we dont actually give it to them that way.
Although change is inevitable, change for the better is usually not.
Just because you can do something in PowerShell, doesnt mean you should. Wink

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Forum FAQs
erwin oosterhoorn
erwin oosterhoorn
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)

I am getting intrigued now, Jeff removed his comment twice...
Ian Massi
Ian Massi
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Enjoyable series of editorials this week. Excellent idea, thank you for putting this together.
VinceV
VinceV
Valued Member
Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)

I think that any opinion that are well-formed and rational deserves to be heard and discussed, no matter how controversial. As long as it was not intended to be inflammatory, it should be considered part of a constructive dialog. I am very interested to know why Jeff decided to apply self-censorship.
TravisDBA
TravisDBA
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

Personally, I don't care what gender someone is, or what color they are, that is not important in my opinion in the workplace. What is really important is that they better pull their weight, or they're gone. Simple as that. Someone can have the greatest personality in the world but if other people are having to work harder to take up their slack, they are are going to be the first one to hit the street when the company starts looking for ways to streamline. End of story.. :-D

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"
VinceV
VinceV
Valued Member
Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)

Indeed. Fairness is key. Unfortunately, many businesses do not put that principle to practice.
SQLMD
SQLMD
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (458 reputation)SSC-Addicted (458 reputation)SSC-Addicted (458 reputation)SSC-Addicted (458 reputation)SSC-Addicted (458 reputation)SSC-Addicted (458 reputation)SSC-Addicted (458 reputation)SSC-Addicted (458 reputation)

This was a great series of posts and I am going to risk controversy by saying that the post Steve wrote was the easiest to relate to - probably because I am a man.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.