Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Database Growth History

Database Growth History

Author
Zksod
Valued Member
Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Database Growth History
andegre
andegre
Old Hand
Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)

Question about this script, what is the "DataGrowth" value? I would assume that it's how much the database has "grown" since (when)? I have a database that is 400GB that I know 2 years ago was around 200GB, but the "DataGrowth" value only says 24.5GB.

Any help would be great! By the way, I do really like the script and I will find a use for it.

Thanks for the sharing...
andegre
andegre
Old Hand
Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)Old Hand (315 reputation)

Nevermind, guess I should actually look at the script and analyze it then I could answer the question myself....(NoSampleDays....). Woops!
Zksod
Zksod
Valued Member
Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)

Hmm, that is interesting. What is the value of the SampleDays column?

I am glad that you found some use for it... Wink

edit:
Ah, I see you are a bit ahead of me there.
princess.lipscomb
princess.lipscomb
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)

This is great information and easy to understand.

I have used it on over 100 of the 2000 dbs that I review
andegre
andegre
Old Hand

A little tidbit that I found out about this script (and others that I run daily). This script appears to track data from when the SQL Server instance was installed, whereas, my other scripts that track index information get reset after each SQL Server reboot/recycle.

I was unfortunate enough to get to find that out today...

Thanks again for the script.
Nick B.
Nick B.
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

Hello,

I am a beginner but this code is quite helpful, thanks a bunch.
Nick B.
Nick B.
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

I'm good, thanks again for the script.
wakanni
wakanni
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Hello, when running this script am getting an 'Incorrect syntax near '-' error message. Any ideas?
jackdonnell-684036
jackdonnell-684036
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)

Thanks for the script! Might want to adapt it to use the sp_MSForeachDB for simplicity. Thanks again!
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.