SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Server From .Net: Making A Connection

SQL Server From .Net: Making A Connection

Author
timwell
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL Server From .Net: Making A Connection
Jonathan AC Roberts
Jonathan AC Roberts
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)

The article isn't available
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Should be working now.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Jonathan AC Roberts
Jonathan AC Roberts
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.8K reputation)

Working now on this link: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/ADO.NET/168710/
But not the one at the top of this page (https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/C%23/168710/)
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)SSC Guru (595K reputation)

Yeah, the escaping the tag sequence for C# is broken. I'll edit the one in the forum

timwell
timwell
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

The link in the daily email worked for me.
timwell
timwell
SSCarpal Tunnel

Here is my list of other topics I have thought of for other articles on working with SQL Server in .Net

Data sets and representation of relationships and constraints in .Net code (The first draft of this article is almost ready for submission.)
Data types and what they convert to when you query SQL Server from .Net
Different ways of doing the data conversion
Techniques for converting data for display etc.
Dealing with nulls in data
How to avoid SQL injection in your .Net web app
Connecting LINQ to SQL Server
Dealing with concurrency
Catching data exceptions
Debugging
Working with Schemas in .Net

I am interested in hearing any other ideas, and also the issues that might be helpful for developers (or DBAs) working with SQL Server data in .Net to know about.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

timwell - Monday, April 16, 2018 9:41 AM
The link in the daily email worked for me.

There's a redirect there. I'd probably fixed it by the time you clicked.

louie1487 78804
louie1487 78804
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (625 reputation)SSChasing Mays (625 reputation)SSChasing Mays (625 reputation)SSChasing Mays (625 reputation)SSChasing Mays (625 reputation)SSChasing Mays (625 reputation)SSChasing Mays (625 reputation)SSChasing Mays (625 reputation)

timwell - Monday, April 16, 2018 9:54 AM
Here is my list of other topics I have thought of for other articles on working with SQL Server in .Net

Data sets and representation of relationships and constraints in .Net code (The first draft of this article is almost ready for submission.)
Data types and what they convert to when you query SQL Server from .Net
Different ways of doing the data conversion
Techniques for converting data for display etc.
Dealing with nulls in data
How to avoid SQL injection in your .Net web app
Connecting LINQ to SQL Server
Dealing with concurrency
Catching data exceptions
Debugging
Working with Schemas in .Net

I am interested in hearing any other ideas, and also the issues that might be helpful for developers (or DBAs) working with SQL Server data in .Net to know about.
Great info, but when using objects that are disposable, you should use a using statement, so the connection or command are automatically closed and disposed. Alleviates code in the catch block
Paul_clarke
Paul_clarke
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)

This is a really useful article.

If you are looking for an idea on an article to write. Using Windows forms for multiline user input/output (Adding and editing multi line records) in C# connecting into a stored procedure in MS SQL Server to control the final input to and from the database.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.