SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

We Have a Date

We Have a Date

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item We Have a Date

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Summer90
Summer90
SSChampion
SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
SQL Server 2016.. it was nice knowing you but you are already obsolete, I only had time to implement one install of you. Just yesterday one of our software vendors JUST certified their latest version of software on... get ready for it.. SQL Server 2014 !!!!!
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)SSC Guru (249K reputation)

SQL 2016 isn't obsolete by any standard, neither is 2014. Both have been superseded, but are fine products if they meet the needs for your application.

Thom A
Thom A
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)

Great to see that SQL 2017 has a date. Would love to know when SP4 for 2012 is due though. That was due this month but no sign as yet.

Thom~
Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does :-P

Please always remember to encapsulate your code in IFCode Markup. For example [code=sql] [/code].
Click here to read Jeffs Guide on how to post SQL questions, and get swift and helpful answers from the community
Sean Lange
Sean Lange
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (113K reputation)SSC Guru (113K reputation)SSC Guru (113K reputation)SSC Guru (113K reputation)SSC Guru (113K reputation)SSC Guru (113K reputation)SSC Guru (113K reputation)SSC Guru (113K reputation)

Woohoo. And just a few weeks after we have finally migrated the last of our production databases off of 2005. Sadly we only upgraded to 2014 but hey at least our production databases are at least using a currently supported version. Crazy

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

Thom A - Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:51 AM
Great to see that SQL 2017 has a date. Would love to know when SP4 for 2012 is due though. That was due this month but no sign as yet.

Word is "soon". Not sure what that means.

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

Sean Lange - Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:57 AM
Woohoo. And just a few weeks after we have finally migrated the last of our production databases off of 2005. Sadly we only upgraded to 2014 but hey at least our production databases are at least using a currently supported version. Crazy

You're ahead of me here. We're still on 2008. Hopefully that changes in the next six months.

Thom A
Thom A
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:59 AM
Thom A - Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:51 AM

Word is "soon". Not sure what that means.

Ha. It was "soon" back in June/July. Smile

Thom~
Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does :-P

Please always remember to encapsulate your code in IFCode Markup. For example [code=sql] [/code].
Click here to read Jeffs Guide on how to post SQL questions, and get swift and helpful answers from the community
jasona.work
jasona.work
SSCoach
SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)

Sean Lange - Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:57 AM

Don't feel too bad, I'm *almost* done getting all my servers off 2008R2 to 2014.
I had someone ask me yesterday when we'd be going to 2017, my answer was "only when someone comes to me and says there's this really neat new feature in 2017 that we just HAVE to have!"
Then it'll probably still be 6-9 months just to get the server stood up and installed, another several months (or more) to get SSMS17 approved for use on our network, plus a couple months for the desktop people to figure out how to install it, get that approved and tested...

Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (167K reputation)SSC Guru (167K reputation)SSC Guru (167K reputation)SSC Guru (167K reputation)SSC Guru (167K reputation)SSC Guru (167K reputation)SSC Guru (167K reputation)SSC Guru (167K reputation)

Not sure if the Graph database is worth it, sounds like the implementation as some limitations. Of course Paul Nielsen may be biased considering what he and his company www.tejontech.com has developed.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.