Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 7,216 through 7,230 (of 9,241 total)

  • RE: Error while Detaching / Attaching a Database

    paulnamroud (3/28/2011)


    Thank you Perry

    I give it a right to the user name SQLServerMSSQLUser$xxx and now It works fine!

    That looks like one of the local groups created during the SQL...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Clustering/Alias question

    Windows 2003 or 2008 cluster?

    What does this return

    SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('Servername')

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Clustering/Alias question

    Kenneth

    what does the following return when executed against the instance

    SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('ComputerNamePhysicalNetBIOS') AS ComputerName,

    CASE (SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('ISCLUSTERED'))

    WHEN 1 THEN 'VirtualName = ' + CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('MachineName') AS NVARCHAR(25))

    WHEN 0 THEN 'Not Clustered'

    END AS VirtualNetworkName,

    ISNULL(SERVERPROPERTY('Instancename'),...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Error while Detaching / Attaching a Database

    paulnamroud (3/28/2011)


    First, I copied the files ".mdf" and ".ldf" from the old folder E:\Data to the new folder E:\MSSQL\Data. And i make sure that these files are NOT flagged as...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Restore progress

    SQL Guy 1 (3/28/2011)


    That's amazing! Thanks a lot, Perry. Actually I can use it not only for backups or restores, but for anything else.

    You're welcome

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Restore progress

    This should help

    selectst.text,

    command,

    db_name(database_id),

    start_time,

    DATEADD(ms,estimated_completion_time,

    ...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Database Files on Different Logical Drives!

    Abrar Ahmad_ (3/22/2011)


    1. Is there any performance benefit of segregating database files on different logical drives (physically single storage medium)?

    The only gain here is for administration purposes, no performance...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Clustering SQL 2008 Hardware VM

    Hi UMG

    It's to large to post as an attachment I can email to people as requested

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Log shipping in SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2

    what "other boxes" are you referring too

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Clustering SQL 2008 Hardware VM

    suri.yalamanchili (3/17/2011)


    I am running three VM's in all on my laptop.

    You should have 4 VMs

    NAS VM

    Domain Controller VM

    2 x Cluster nodes

    suri.yalamanchili (3/17/2011)


    I am using Sun VirtualBox for the VM's Two...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: How to identify backup files?

    I would use

    Full backups .BAK

    Diff backups .DIF

    Log backups .TRN

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: possible to restore full backup of a different database?

    odeonkreel (3/14/2011)


    I have no need or desire to retain anything in db2 when I restore db1 into db2.

    so, as already stated when restoring DB1 over DB2 use the REPLACE option...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Complex SQL Server MEMORY questions - Instances, RAM, Virtual Memory, Cluster, etc

    jpSQLDude (3/15/2011)


    It is a 2-node 64-bit Windows 2003 cluster, 72GB RAM on each. The cluster runs two instances of 64-bit SQL Server 2005, each instance set to 30GB RAM for...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Buffer Pool Error 802 (no more pages can be stolen)

    Alexander G. (3/14/2011)

    Are you sure? I have 2 VMs (each 8 GB RAM) running on one physical machine, but each VM has just one db instance.

    how much memory does the...

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

  • RE: Clustering SQL 2008 Hardware VM

    suri.yalamanchili (3/15/2011)


    Perry,

    I followed the exact same steps as in your document and I am getting the following error where I install FreeNAS .When I ping Host from the VM....

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 7,216 through 7,230 (of 9,241 total)