Viewing 15 posts - 6,271 through 6,285 (of 13,459 total)
SD1999 (12/6/2011)
the logic(algorithm) of number replacements should be followed as per below
we cant use some random number
the reason is appl talking to oracle...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm
yes it's possible because of the way the NET USE command can allow you to map a drive with someones credentials
exec master.dbo.xp_cmshell 'NET USE G: \\UNCPath\d$ /user:domain\user password'
something like this...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 11:13 am
add that issue to your to-do list also...anyone creating queries that run for that long need some help in writing better performing code;
We had the same problem a while...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 10:05 am
well, here's how I do it;
My assumption is the phone number string in question is all numeric with no dashes, but it's not hard to add logic to fiddle...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 9:55 am
SD1999 (12/6/2011)
Sure, thank you for the offer.
Need some time to modify script ( for security purposes ) before i can...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 8:41 am
I'm skipping the question completely, and going to what i think was the core issue...scrambling data.
I stopped as soonas I saw the cursor, because I know that unless you are...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 8:33 am
ALZDBA (12/5/2011)
- did you update all statistics
- did you perform dbcc updateusage
- did you perform full db maintenance
- did you run...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 8:20 am
ChrisM@Work (12/6/2011)
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I learned the trick from an article Lowell did years ago 😀 Thanks, Lowell.
Lol you used it last, and I don't really remember posting...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 7:36 am
Dev (12/6/2011)
Please try convert with style 108.
i would disagree; you want to stay in the same datatypes whenever possible.
/*--results
09:00:50.9600000
09:00:00.0000000
*/
--SQL2008 has the new Time datatype as well as the...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 7:01 am
SSIS is reading a text file, so yes, it's text until it's implicitly or explicitly converted to a specific datatype.
so if you had the SSIS task read the file and...
Lowell
December 6, 2011 at 6:40 am
how are you importing? SSIS? BULK INSERT? are you importing to a staging table first?
I'm sure there's an explanation, we just gotta dig a little bit.
Lowell
December 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm
I'm still wondering how to implement this myself...if the Pk is a foreign key in the child table, won't the FK prevent you from changing the key to a new...
Lowell
December 5, 2011 at 1:27 pm
if an application is building SQL statements and executing them, then your database and it's objects could be version 9/10 compatible, but the commands create by the application may...
Lowell
December 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm
well, what you are asking is how to create an Excel document with multiple sheets; '
a CSV is actually a raw text file, which by default opens in Excel, which...
Lowell
December 5, 2011 at 12:35 pm
any chance teh report is returning results that create something like this, which would of course return no records?
WHERE (recordDateTime BETWEEN '2001-01-01' AND NULL)
Lowell
December 5, 2011 at 12:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 6,271 through 6,285 (of 13,459 total)