Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)

  • RE: Create and then update a Table from a Stored procedure in DTS

    1. I assume the stored procedure returns data from multiple tables, because if it returns data from one table there would be no speed increase.

    2. You do not need a...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Motivation

    I agree with everything said, but Steve, you sound older than I am.  I still do my 48 hours non-stop when needed, especially at a game LAN and I am...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Buggy Software

    The problem is that there is not enough time spent on testing?  TRUE!, but I believe that there is a limit to where the programmer must test.  The ONLY...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE:

    Being proud will make me stay.  Being proud of what my colleges and I has done and are doing, the working environment, the company.  To be able to take anybody...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: SQL connection security

    OK, lets be more specific.  Maybe I will get a better understanding which direction to go.  I work in South Africa and because of the brain drain; we have...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Performance

    You could consider using “scalectric” engines to do it yourself.  The engines you find in radio controlled cars and airplanes.  Many people think that a small engine like that...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: SQL connection security

    If you give a group access to a database, what prevents an AD Administrator from adding himself to the group, look up what he/she wants to see, and removing himself...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Importing data from Access table to SQL Table

    I believe the best way to get data into sql is to import it first into a temp table with no key and all the columns allowing nulls.

    Now use a...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Who''s Responsible for Training?

    I work for a Mining company in South Africa and we are expected to go on 1 to 2 training courses per year, fully paid by the company, with no strings...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Eliminating Cursors

    I have used this method for years (because I hate cursors), but does it slightly different. I use a #Temp table and then select the TOP 1 at the beginning...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Script to Merge two tables before loading to data warehouse

    In the DTS package you must add a connection to the database. Then add a "Execute SQL task".  In this task you can enter your Sql code to execute a...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Minimally logged

    I am responding because I would also like to hear an answer (if any) on this one.  I do log backups every hour to keep them small.

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: Updating Identity Column

    Assuming it is not a live table and you know what and why you want to do this, you can remove the identity from the column, update the column and...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: How To Mess Up An Interview

    English is not my first language, so maybe I am not phrasing myself correctly, but it is not about being offensive.  Asking questions about certain topics is being seen...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

  • RE: How To Mess Up An Interview

    I do not know about other countries, but in SA it is forbidden to ask certain questions in an interview.  Like are you gay?

    So a lot of interviewers are using...

    5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)