Viewing 15 posts - 32,536 through 32,550 (of 49,552 total)
The Dixie Flatline (6/9/2010)
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/68404/make_it_stop,_make_it_stop,_make_it_stop!_today_is_vuvuzela_day_in_south_africa
It's almost 10pm, and there are still people blowing those things nearby. OK, I do live just off a fairly major road, but still, enough already.
Here's some...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 1:48 pm
Am I missing something here? http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic934829-146-1.aspx
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 1:44 pm
Populate the parent table first?
I assume, by putting a foreign key in place, you don't want any values in the one table that aren't in the other. Therefore, you need...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 1:43 pm
Krasavita (6/9/2010)
what I need to do in order to insert data,should I disable a key and then re create it?
No. Why would you want to do that?
What error are you...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 12:55 pm
As a guess, there's data existing in the tables that violates the constraint you're trying to add.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Yes.
Personally I lurk on forums, write blog posts and articles and present because I enjoy it, not because I'm paying dues or trying for an award. I'd be doing it...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 12:43 pm
I'd suggest start with Profiler. Find long-running queries and see if you can tune them. These may help.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 12:10 pm
Depends on the size and usage of the databases. SANs aren't magic solutions to storage problems, and they're not exactly cheap.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 11:33 am
Jan Van der Eecken (6/9/2010)
GilaMonster (6/9/2010)
GabyYYZ (6/9/2010)
In 2 days the madness beginsMadness began at midday today.
I saw the pictures from Sandton, and I feel with you.
Fortunately I was in...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 8:56 am
The Dixie Flatline (6/9/2010)
Lock your doors, Gail.
Locked, barred, bolted and chained. As always.
I'm more concerned about the madness on the roads than at home. Especially since I'm onsite with a...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 8:48 am
GabyYYZ (6/9/2010)
In 2 days the madness begins
Madness began at midday today.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 8:36 am
Grant Fritchey (6/9/2010)
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 8:31 am
NitroBoarder (6/9/2010)
The RAID 5 has 2 partitions. 1 partition has the OS on it and the second partition has all datafiles.
You may as well make that one partition. You're gaining...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 7:16 am
Or you could use a virtual environment, like Virtualbox, to have a separate environment with SQL 2005.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 6:10 am
Henk de W (6/9/2010)
You're saying: Only upgrades of database versions are possible (2005->2008).
Correct.
But what if I initially create it one 2005 and then use it one 2008. Will it automatically...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 9, 2010 at 5:22 am
Viewing 15 posts - 32,536 through 32,550 (of 49,552 total)