Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,191 through 8,205 (of 8,754 total)

  • RE: Recursive CTE? Not Sure How To Do This...

    Had a quick look at it again and discovered minor snags:-D

    Firstly, this is not going to work for more than one customer at a time so I added a variable...

  • RE: Running Out Of Foreign Keys

    Hugo Kornelis (5/20/2014)


    I decided to run a quick experiment to see if I could find any limits. Here is the code I used to create a table with lots of...

  • RE: Tally OH! An Improved SQL 8K β€œCSV Splitter” Function

    Usman Butt (5/14/2014)


    BTW, can someone test the physical tally table splitters as well?

    Just had the chance to to a quick test, the physical table splitters seems to be at...

  • RE: Running Out Of Foreign Keys

    TomThomson (5/20/2014)


    Nice question, clear, unambiguous.

    But it's kind of interesting .... you know that Chinese proverb (or maybe urban myth?) about interesting times?

    The interesting thing here is that 253...

  • RE: Difference in seconds to round to minute

    Marcus Farrugia (5/20/2014)


    Thank you to both, I selected Luis as the answer because of the direction to the Ceiling function, was a learning curve for me.

    Good stuff!

    😎

  • RE: Difference in seconds to round to minute

    Marcus Farrugia (5/20/2014)


    Hi, I'm trying to get the difference between the two times in minutes with the seconds rounded up or down

    As an example the difference in the times:

    1900-01-01 09:27:49.000,...

  • RE: 1=1

    This is often used when dynamically creating the where clause, simplifies the script as all conditions start with the "AND".

    😎

  • RE: Error in Dataflow Task

    venkat5677 (5/20/2014)


    Yes, float column in the dataflow πŸ™‚

    Check for missing/empty values, these are known to cause this error. A workaround would be to "replace" the missing values with 0 (zero).

    😎

  • RE: Recursive CTE? Not Sure How To Do This...

    I got stumped with work, be back to you tomorrow:cool: or as soon as I can.

  • RE: Error in Dataflow Task

    venkat5677 (5/19/2014)


    there is no extra delimiter character at 4489

    Ok, next thing then, is there a varchar(max)/nvarchar(max) (text_stream) or a float/real column in the dataflow?

    😎

  • RE: combining two rows of data into 1

    ronan.healy (5/19/2014)


    hi thanks for that has to be generic.

    i will be reading in loats of files at different times with different info

    any way to get it to to that

    Now that...

  • RE: Replace All New Line Characters

    Do replace char(13)+char(10) with '' ( empty string)

    😎

    Edit: character code.

  • RE: Error in Dataflow Task

    Check line 4489 for an extra delimiter character

    😎

  • RE: combining two rows of data into 1

    A simple way would be along these lines

    😎

    USE tempdb;

    GO

    DECLARE @DSET TABLE

    (

    ClassName VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL

    ,NAV ...

  • RE: Recursive CTE? Not Sure How To Do This...

    autoexcrement (5/16/2014)


    P.S. There is some added logic to do with whether subsequent sales are attempted by the original SalesRep or another SalesRep, but I'll leave that for later. Just wanted...

Viewing 15 posts - 8,191 through 8,205 (of 8,754 total)