Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,116 through 8,130 (of 8,754 total)

  • RE: SSIS PROBLEM

    baddulas (5/31/2014)


    Hi Eirikur Eiriksson,

    I am using Hours and Minutes and Seconds that's why it is changing.

    If you look at the error message, it says

    D:\ZIPPINGFILE\20140528_225754.txt.zipD:\FLATFILEGENERATE\20140528_225754

    when it should be

    D:\ZIPPINGFILE\20140528_225754.txt.zip D:\FLATFILEGENERATE\20140528_225754

    Add as space...

  • RE: Sp & parameters

    ramana3327 (5/31/2014)


    Hi thanks for your reply.

    Code is confidential. So I am unable to provide the execution plan but I can explain what is the problem.

    I have a Stored procedure and...

  • RE: Vulnerability scan report

    You have to look at which kind of threats these vulnerabilities are! If it is a local one, normally you would have more problems already as the attacker would need...

  • RE: SSMS 2014 - anything new and noteworthy over SSMS 2012?

    The most noticeable thing so far is that it is ......:arrow:faster!

    😎

  • RE: SSIS PROBLEM

    baddulas (5/31/2014)


    Hi Steve,

    I am getting following error.

    [Execute Process Task] Error: In Executing "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Rar.exe" "a D:\ZIPPINGFILE\20140528_225754.txt.zipD:\FLATFILEGENERATE\20140528_225754" at "D:\FLATFILEGENERATE\", The process exit code was "9" while the expected was "0".

    Looks like...

  • RE: Sp & parameters

    Quick question, can you provide the procedure source code and the execution plans? As Jeff said earlier, without further information it is hard to tell what is going on?

    Furthermore do...

  • RE: Sp & parameters

    Jeff Moden (5/30/2014)


    Eirikur Eiriksson (5/30/2014)


    Unfortunately that's not too useful, it will show if the parameter is nullable but that's about it.

    I just love fully documented and supposedly supported features that...

  • RE: Sp & parameters

    Jeff Moden (5/30/2014)


    ramana3327 (5/30/2014)


    Hi,

    I am working with SP. How can we find out values of parameters when the SP is executed with the default values?

    If I understand your question correctly,...

  • RE: Sp & parameters

    ramana3327 (5/30/2014)


    Hi,

    I am working with SP. How can we find out values of parameters when the SP is executed with the default values?

    You will have to dissect the procedure as...

  • RE: SQL Challenge: Updating parts of fields.

    Raymond.Pietrzak (5/30/2014)


    I was able to write my query against the VarChar(4000) data type. This worked.

    Update [WBPROD].[dbo].[TASK_SCHEDULE]

    Set TSKSCD_DESCRIPTION = Replace(TSKSCD_DESCRIPTION, '<timezoneId>0</timezoneId><timezone>America/New_York</timezone>', '<timezoneId>1</timezoneId><timezone>America/Chicago</timezone>')

    Update [WBPROD].[dbo].[TASK_SCHEDULE]

    Set TSKSCD_DESCRIPTION = Replace(TSKSCD_DESCRIPTION,

    ...

  • RE: Getting first and last value for every group.

    Since this is a 2012 thread, how about the window functions?

    😎

    create table #sampledata

    (

    userId int,

    BaseYear int,

    TotalSales float

    )

    insert into #sampledata

    select 1,2008,25000 union

    select 1,2009,22500 union

    select 1,2010,23400 union

    select 1,2011,26700 union

    select 1,2012,25200 union

    select 2,2008,25050...

  • RE: STintersect with buff

    I have found that one should generally (as much as I dislike generalization) avoid AUTO_GRID.

    😎

  • RE: Just curious, what are your SQL pet peeves ?

    samalex (5/29/2014)


    Everyone has their own style of writing code and doing things, but there are some pet peeves I've developed over the years, especially when I review other people's code,...

  • RE: Just curious, what are your SQL pet peeves ?

    Sean Lange (5/29/2014)


    samalex (5/29/2014)


    Wow, I agree with literally 100% of what you guys have entered, including 'sprocs'. We have a few non-DBA's who use this verbiage, and it always makes...

  • RE: Just curious, what are your SQL pet peeves ?

    GilaMonster (5/29/2014)


    Developers who think they know more than I do. 😉 :hehe:

    Ouch..... good thing that my title is no longer a "developer" :-P:-P

Viewing 15 posts - 8,116 through 8,130 (of 8,754 total)